Contact Details1925 W Field Ct Ste 300, Lake Forest, Illinois, USA 60045-4862
1925 W Field Ct Ste 300, Lake Forest, Illinois, USA 60045-4862
Akorn, Inc. manufactures and markets diagnostic and therapeutic pharmaceuticals in specialty areas such as ophthalmology, rheumatology, anesthesia and antidotes, among others. They also market ophthalmic surgical instruments and related products. Customers include physicians, optometrists, wholesalers, group purchasing organizations and other pharmaceutical companies. They also provide contract manufacturing services.
|Name||Position||Total Annual Compensation||Year||Percent Change in Compensation|
|Divisional Senior VP||$759,533||2014||68.5%|
|Divisional Executive VP||$1,437,952||2014||230.7%|
|General Counsel, Secretary and Senior VP||$4,831,530||2014||873.8%|
|Agency||Product or Service||Signed Date||Obligation Amount|
|Office of Assistant Secretary for Management and Budget||Drugs and Biologicals||December 30, 2005||$25.9 million|
|Defense Logistics Agency||Drugs and Biologicals, O-Ring Excludes: Packing and Gasket Material||May 23, 2012||$2.17 million|
|Centers for Disease Control||Drugs and Biologicals||June 30, 2008||$697,686|
|Department of Veterans Affairs||Drugs and Biologicals, Medical and Surgical Instruments, Equipment and Supplies||December 17, 2010||$128,391.04|
|Defense Logistics Agency||Drugs and Biologicals||April 13, 2010||$98,250|
- Pharmaceutical Preparation Manufacturing
- Medical, Dental, and Hospital Equipment and Supplies Merchant Wholesalers
- Pharmaceutical Preparations
- Surgical Equipment And Supplies
|Sales Volume||$602 million|
|Exchange||NASDAQ Global Select Market|
|Type of Entity||For Profit Organization|
|Type of Ownership||Not Tax Exempt Corporate Entity|
|Minority Ownership||Sheltered Workshop (JWOD Provider)|
|Other Categorizations||Manufacturer of Goods|
|State of Incorporation||Louisiana|
|Bid||24.90 x 2,600|
|Ask||24.91 x 14,000|
|Day`s Range||24.73 - 26.07|
|52-Week Range||18.72 - 55.92|
|Average Volume (1M)||2,578,440|
|Market Cap.||$2,952.37 Million|
|Last Dividend Amount||0|
|1y Target Price Est.||54|
Summary of Form-D Filings
- Akorn Inc. has filed 2 Form Ds since 2008. Of these filings, 2 have been for unique offerings.
- Through these filings, they have raised $0.
- They have not paid finder`s fees or sales commissions in connection with these offerings.
- They have not used any of the proceeds from its offerings to pay officers or directors.
- The types of securities they have issued are .
- They have relied on the following exemptions in past filings Rule 506.
Analysis of Past Filings
- Akorn Inc. has filed about as many filings as an average company in the Pharmaceuticals category.
- They have had 1 more unique offering compared to an average company in the Pharmaceuticals category.
|Filing Date||Filing Type||Total Offering Amount||Total Amount Raised||Total Remaining For Sale|
|April 28, 2009||New||$1,667,145||$0||$1,667,145|
|April 28, 2009||New||$2,152,999||$0||$2,152,999|
|Period Ending||Dec. 31, 2014||Sep. 30, 2014||Jun. 30, 2014||Mar. 31, 2014|
|Cost of Revenue||99,446||80,998||74,078||40,966|
|Selling General and Administrative||29,122||27,779||21,976||16,586|
|Depreciation and Amortization||16,685||14,017||8,607||4,757|
|Other Operating Expenses||2,858||8,062||20,773||454|
|Total Operating Expenses||155,921||138,774||134,486||67,182|
|Other Income/Expenses Net||-||-||-||-|
|Earnings Before Interest and Taxes||71,907||(6,042)||7,410||23,440|
|Income Before Tax||56,524||(18,539)||5,459||15,692|
|Income Tax Expense||22,292||(6,889)||2,021||5,864|
|Net Income from Continuing Ops||34,232||(11,650)||3,438||9,828|
|Effect of Accounting Changes||-||-||-||-|
|Preferred Stock and Other Adjustments||-||-||-||-|
|Net Income Applicable to Common Shares||34,232||(11,650)||2,935||9,828|