Rescon GG - Consumer Medicine Information
|Manufacture:||Capellon Pharmaceuticals, LLC|
|Condition:||Allergic Rhinitis, Cough and Nasal Congestion, Cough, Nasal Congestion, Rhinitis|
|Class:||Upper respiratory combinations|
|Form:||Liquid solution, Syrup|
|Ingredients:||guaifenesin, phenylephrine, artificial flavors, glycerin, methylparaben, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, sodium citrate, sorbitol, sugar|
RESCON GG - guaifenesin and phenylephrine hydrochloride liquid
Active Ingredients (in each 5 mL teaspoonful)
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
- temporarily relieves nasal congestion due to:
- common cold
- hay fever
- upper respiratory allergies
- temporarily restores freer breathing through the nose promotes sinus drainage
- temporarily relieves sinus congestion and pressure
Do not use
If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s Disease), or for two weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this drug.
Ask a Doctor Before Use if You Have
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus)
When Using This Product
do not exceed the recommended dosage
Stop Use and Ask a Doctor If
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur.
- cough or nasal congestion persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by a fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If Pregnant or Breast-Feeding
ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out of the Reach of Children
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
|Adults and children over 12 years of age||2 teaspoonsful (10 mL) every 4 hours|
|Children 6 to under 12 years of age||1 teaspoonsful (5 mL) every 4 hours|
|Children 2 to under 6 years of age||1/2 teaspoonsful (2.5 mL) every 4 hours|
|Children under 2 years of age||Ask your doctor|
Do not exceed 6 doses in a 24-hour period
- store at 20°- 25°C (68°- 77°F)
- tamper evident: do not use if foil seal under the cap is broken or missing.
- contains less than 1 mg sodium in each 5 mL teaspoonful
artificial flavors, glycerin, methylparaben, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, sodium citrate, sorbitol, and sugar.
Questions or Comments
Serious side effects may be reported to this number, call (817) 595-5820 (8 am to 5 pm CST).