Patanase - Instructions for Use
|Class:||Nasal antihistamines and decongestants|
|Ingredients:||Olopatadine hydrochloride, Benzalkonium chloride, Dibasic sodium phosphate, Sodium chloride, Edetate disodium, Sodium hydroxide and/or Hydrochloric acid and Purified water.|
For use in the nose (Intranasal) only
Use Patanase Nasal Spray exactly how your doctor tells you to. The usual dose of Patanase Nasal Spray for people ages 12 and older is two sprays in each nostril, two times each day and for children 6 to 11, one spray in each nostril two times a day.
- Remove the blue plastic overcap (Figure 1).
- Hold the bottle and press down on the shoulders of the white nasal applicator with your forefinger and middle finger.
Support the bottom (base) of the bottle with your thumb while you do this (Figure 2). Prime the bottle five (5) times or until you see a fine mist come out of the nasal spray applicator. After you start using a bottle of Patanase Nasal Spray, if you do not use it for more than seven (7) days, you will need to prime the pump again two (2) times before use.
- Gently blow your nose to clear the nostrils. Close one nostril. With your head tipped down (chin toward chest), place the nasal applicator 1/4 to 1/2 inch into a nostril. Hold the medicine bottle upright with the nasal applicator tip aimed toward the cheek side of the nose, away from the center of the nose (Figure 3).
- Breathe in gently through your nose. While breathing in press firmly and quickly on the applicator to release the spray (Figure 3).
- Breathe out through your mouth. Do not tip your head back or blow your nose right after using Patanase Nasal Spray. This may cause you to get a bitter taste in your mouth.
- Change between the nostrils (alternate). Spray two sprays in each nostril.
- Wipe the nasal applicator with a clean tissue and replace the blue plastic overcap. (Figure 4)
- This nasal device should be discarded after the labeled number of sprays (240) or after the expiration date on the medicine label or box.
- Do not take extra doses or stop taking Patanase Nasal Spray without talking with your doctor.
- If the nasal applicator becomes clogged, do not attempt to clear it using a pointed object. (Figure 5)
- To clean the nasal applicator, remove the plastic cap and then gently pull upwards to free the nasal applicator. (Figure 6 & 7)
- With the nasal applicator pointing downwards, wash by running warm tap water into the nasal applicator for about one minute. (Figure 8)
- Shake the applicator to remove any water and put the applicator back on the bottle.
- Prime by spraying two (2) times or until you see a fine mist.
- Repeat the above steps if needed.
- Store Patanase Nasal Spray between 39° to 77°F (4° to 25°C).
- Do not use your Patanase Nasal Spray after the expiration date on the label or box.
Keep Patanase Nasal Spray and all medicines out of the reach of children.
For more information about Patanase Nasal Spray visit www.Patanase.com or call 1-800-757-9195.
ALCON LABORATORIES, INC.
Fort Worth, Texas 76134 USA
ALCON CUSI, S.A.
08320 El Masnou - Barcelona
2008, 2009 Alcon, Inc.
Revised: December 2009