Ipratropium Bromide Inhalation Solution 0.02% - Instructions for Use
|Manufacture:||Actavis Inc. (Allergan)|
|Condition:||Angina, Angina Pectoris Prophylaxis, Bronchitis, Chronic (COPD), Bronchospasm Prophylaxis, Emphysema (COPD), Heart Failure (Congestive Heart Failure)|
|Class:||Antianginal agents, Bronchodilators|
|Form:||Liquid solution, Nebulizer|
|Ingredients:||ipratropium bromide, preservative-free, isotonic saline solution, pH-adjusted to 3.4 (3 to 4) with hydrochloric acid|
Read complete instructions carefully before using.
- Twist open the top of one unit dose vial and squeeze the contents into the nebulizer reservoir (Figure 1).
- Connect the nebulizer reservoir to the mouthpiece or face mask (Figure 2).
- Connect the nebulizer to the compressor.
- Sit in a comfortable, upright position; place the mouthpiece in your mouth (Figure 3) or put on the face mask and turn on the compressor. If a face mask is used, care should be taken to avoid leakage around the mask as temporary blurring of vision, pupil enlargement, precipitation or worsening of narrow-angle glaucoma, or eye pain may occur if the solution comes into direct contact with the eyes.
- Breathe as calmly, deeply, and evenly as possible until no more mist is formed in the nebulizer chamber (about 5 to 15 minutes). At this point, the treatment is finished.
- Clean the nebulizer (see manufacturer’s instructions).
Note: Use only as directed by your physician. More frequent administration or higher doses are not recommended. Ipratropium Bromide Inhalation Solution can be mixed in the nebulizer with albuterol or metaproterenol if used within one hour but not with other drugs. Drug stability and safety of Ipratropium Bromide Inhalation Solution when mixed with other drugs in the nebulizer have not been established.
Store between 59°F (15°C) and 86°F (30°C). Protect from light. Store unused vials in the foil pouch.