Desloratadine Orally Disintegrating Tablets - Consumer Medicine Information
|Manufacture:||Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Inc.|
|Condition:||Allergic Rhinitis, Urticaria|
|Ingredients:||desloratadine, anhydrous citric acid, aspartame, colloidal silicon dioxide, crospovidone, ferric oxide, mannitol, lactose anhydrous, microcrystalline cellulose, polacrilex resin, sodium stearyl fumarate, talc, tutti frutti flavor|
What is Desloratadine
Desloratadine is a prescription medicine that contains the medicine desloratadine (an antihistamine).
Desloratadine is used to help control the symptoms of:
- seasonal allergic rhinitis (sneezing, stuffy nose, runny nose and itching of the nose) in people 2 years of age and older.
- perennial allergic rhinitis (sneezing, stuffy nose, runny nose and itching of the nose) in people 6 months of age and older.
Desloratadine is not for children younger than 6 months of age.
Who Should not Take Desloratadineorally Disintegrating Tablets
Do not take desloratadine if you:
- are allergic to desloratadine or any of the ingredients in desloratadine orally Disintegrating Tablets. See the end of this leaflet for a complete list of ingredients.
- are allergic to loratadine (Alavert, Claritin).
Talk to your doctor before taking this medicine if you have any questions about whether or not to take this medicine.
What Should I Tell My Doctor Before Taking Desloratadineorally Disintegrating Tablets
Before you take desloratadine, tell your doctor if you:
- have liver or kidney problems.
- have any other medical conditions.
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if desloratadine will harm your unborn baby. Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
- are breast-feeding or plan to breast-feed. Desloratadine can pass into your breast milk. Talk to your doctor about the best way to feed your baby if you take desloratadine.
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins and herbal supplements. Desloratadine may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect how desloratadine works. Especially tell your doctor if you take:
- ketoconazole (Nizoral)
- erythromycin (Ery-tab, Eryc, PCE)
- azithromycin (Zithromax, Zmax)
- antihistaminesfluoxetine (Prozac)
- cimetidine (Tagamet)
Know the medicines you take. Keep a list of your medicines and show it to your doctor and pharmacist when you get a new medicine.
How Should I Take Desloratadineorally Disintegrating Tablets
- Take desloratadine exactly as your doctor tells you to take it.
- Do not change your dose of desloratadine or take more often than prescribed.
- Place desloratadine orally Disintegrating Tablets on your tongue and allow it to dissolve before swallowing. Desloratadine orally Disintegrating Tablets can be taken with or without water. Take your desloratadine orally Disintegrating Tablets right away after opening the blister.
- If you take too much desloratadine, call your doctor or get medical attention right away.
What are the Possible Side Effects of Desloratadine Orally Disintegrating Tablets
Desloratadine may cause serious side effects, including:
- Allergic reactions. Stop taking desloratadine and call your doctor right away or get emergency help if you have any of these symptoms:
- swelling of your lips, tongue, face, and throat
- shortness of breath or trouble breathing
The most common side effects of desloratadine in adults and children 12 years of age and older with allergic rhinitis include:
- sore throatd
- dry mouth
- muscle pain
- menstrual pain
Increased sleepiness or tiredness can happen if you take more desloratadine than your doctor prescribed to you.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.
These are not all of the possible side effects of desloratadine. For more information, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
How Should I Store Desloratadine Orally Disintegrating Tablets
Store oraly Disintegrating Tablets at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F) excursions permitted to 15°-30°C (59°-86°F) [see USP Controlled Room Temperature].
Keep desloratadine orally Disintegrating Tablets, and all medicines out of the reach of children.
General Information About Desloratadine
Medicines are sometimes prescribed for purposes other than those listed in a patient information leaflet. Do not use desloratadine for a condition for which it was not prescribed. Do not give desloratadine to other people, even if they have the same condition you have. It may harm them.
This Patient Information leaflet summarizes the most important information about desloratadine. If you would like more information, talk with your doctor. You can ask your pharmacist or doctor for information about desloratadine that is written for health professionals.
What are the Ingredients In Desloratadine Orally Disintegrating Tablets
Patients With Phenylketonuria
Desloratadine orally Disintegrating Tablets 5 mg contain 10.10 mg phenylalanine, and desloratadine orally Disintegrating Tablets 2.5 mg contain 5 mg phenylalanine
Inactive Ingredients in Desloratadine Tablets
anhydrous citric acid, aspartame, colloidal silicon dioxide, crospovidone, ferric oxide, mannitol, lactose anhydrous, microcrystalline cellulose, polacrilex resin, sodium stearyl fumarate, talc, tutti frutti flavor.
To reorder additional Patient Information Sheets, contact Dr. Reddy’s Customer Service at 1-866-733-3952.
Dr. Reddy′s Laboratories Limited
Bachupally - 500 090 INDIA