Crinone® 4% and Crinone® 8% – Instruction for Use
|Manufacture:||Watson Laboratories Inc.|
|Condition:||Amenorrhea, Endometrial Hyperplasia, Prophylaxis, Perimenopausal Symptoms, Progesterone Insufficiency, Premature Labor, Uterine Bleeding|
|Form:||Cream, gel, liniment or balm, lotion, ointment, etc, Vaginal (e.g., douche, pessary, etc.)|
|Ingredients:||Progesterone, Glycerin, Light Mineral Oil, Polycarbophil, Carbomer Homopolymer Type B, Hydrogenated Palm Oil Glyceride, Sorbic Acid, Purified Water And May Contain Sodium Hydroxide|
("Kri-noan") (progesterone gel)
For Vaginal Use Only
You will need the following supplies: See Figure A.
Step 1. Remove the applicator from the sealed wrapper.
- Open the sealed wrapper and remove the applicator. Do not remove the twist-off cap at this time. See Figure B.
Step 2. Insert the plunger into the open end of the applicator. See Figure C.
- Hold the applicator on each side and push the plunger into the applicator until the plunger snaps into place.
- You will see about 1 inch of the plunger outside of the applicator.
Step 3. Remove the cap. See Figures D and E.
- Remove the cap from the tip of the applicator by twisting it counterclockwise.
- Do not push the plunger while you are removing the cap. This could cause some gel to come out.
Step 4. Prepare to insert the applicator. See Figure F.
Choose the position that is most comfortable for you. For example, lying down on your back with your knees bent.
Step 5. Insert the applicator. See Figure G.
- After you are in a comfortable position, gently insert the rounded tip of the applicator into your vagina.
Step 6. Push the plunger. See Figure H.
- While the applicator is inserted in your vagina, push the plunger to release the gel into your vagina.
Step 7. Remove the applicator from your vagina and throw it away in your household trash.
- It is normal for a small amount of gel to be left in the applicator. You will still get the right dose of medicine.
This Instructions for Use has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.