Amlodipine Besylate Tablets - Consumer Medicine Information
|Manufacture:||Epic Pharma LLC|
|Condition:||Angina, Coronary Artery Disease, Heart Failure (Congestive Heart Failure), High Blood Pressure (Hypertension), Raynaud's Syndrome|
|Class:||Calcium channel blocking agents|
|Ingredients:||Amlodipine besylate, cellulose, microcrystalline, starch, corn, sodium starch glycolate typea potato, magnesium stearate.|
What are Amlodipine Besylate Tablets
Amlodipine besylate tablets are a type of medicine known as a calcium channel blocker (CCB). It is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) and a type of chest pain called angina. It can be used by itself or with other medicines to treat these conditions.
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
High blood pressure comes from blood pushing too hard against your blood vessels. Amlodipine besylate tablets relaxes your blood vessels, which lets your blood flow more easily and helps lower your blood pressure. Drugs that lower blood pressure lower your risk of having a stroke or heart attack.
Angina is a pain or discomfort that keeps coming back when part of your heart does not get enough blood. Angina feels like a pressing or squeezing pain, usually in your chest under the breastbone. Sometimes you can feel it in your shoulders, arms, neck, jaws, or back. Amlodipine bes ylate tablets can relieve this pain.
Who Should Not Use Amlodipine Besylate Tablets
Do not use amlodipine besylate tablets if you are allergic to amlodipine (the active ingredient in amlodipine bes ylate tablets), or to the inactive ingredients. Your doctor or pharmacist can give you a list of these ingredients.
What Should I Tell My Doctor Before Taking Amlodipine Besylate Tablets
Tell your doctor about any prescription and non-prescription medicines you are taking, including natural or herbal remedies.
Tell your doctor if you:
- ever had heart disease
- ever had liver problems
- are pregnant, or plan to become pregnant. Your doctor will decide if amlodipine bes ylate tablets are the best treatment for you.
- are breast-feeding. Do not breast-freed while taking amlodipine bes ylate tablets. You can stop breast-feeding of take a different medicine.
How Should I Take Amlodipine Besylate Tablets
- Take amlodipine besylate tablets once a day, with or without food.
- It may be easier to take your dose if you do it at the same time every day, such as with breakfast or dinner, or at bedtime. Do not take more than one dose of amlodipine besylate tablets at a time.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. Do not take amlodipine besylate tablets if it has been more than 12 hours since you missed your last dose. Wait and take the next dose at your regular time.
- Other medicines: You can use nitroglycerin and amlodipine besylate tablets together. If you take nitroglycerin for angina, don't stop taking it while you are taking amlodipine bes ylate tablets.
- While you are taking amlodipine bes ylate tablets, do not stop taking your other prescription medicines, including any other blood pressure medicines, without talking to your doctor.
- If you tooktoo much amlodipine bes ylate tablets, call your doctor or Poison Control Center, or go to the nearest hospital emergency room right away.
What Should I Avoid While Taking Amlodipine Besylate Tablets
- Do not breast-feed. It is not known if amlodipine will pass through your milk.
- Do not start any new prescription or non-prescription medicines or supplements, unless you check with your doctor first.
What are the Possible Side Effects of Amlodipine Besylate Tablets
Amlodipine besylate tablets may cause the following side effects. Most side effects are mild or moderate:
- swelling of your legs or ankles
- tiredness, extreme sleepiness
- stomach pain, nausea
- flushing (hot or warm feeling in your face)
- arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat)
- heart palpitations (very fast heartbeat)
- muscle rigidity, tremor and/or abnormal muscle movement
It is rare, but when you first start taking amlodipine bes ylate tablets or increase your dose, you may have a heart attack or your angina may get worse. If that happens, call your doctor right away or go directly to a hospital emergency room.
Tell your doctor if you are concerned about any side effects you experience. These are not all the possible side effects ofamlodipine bes ylate tablets. For a complete list, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
How do I Store Amlodipine Besylate Tablets
Keep amlodipine besylate tablets away from children. Store amlodipine besylate tablets at room temperature, 20° to 25°C (between 68° to 77° F). Keep amlodipine besylate tablets out of the light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep amlodipine besylate tablets in a dry place.
Protect from light.
General Advice About Amlodipine Besylate Tablets
Sometimes, doctors will prescribe a medicine for a condition that is not written in the patient information leaflets. Only use amlodipine besylate tablets the way your doctor told you to. Do not give amlodipine besylate tablets to other people, even if they have the same symptoms you have. It may harm them.
You can ask your pharmacist or doctor for information about amlodipine besylate tablets r you can visit the Epic Pharma website at www.epic-pharma.com or call 1-888-374-2791.
Epic Pharma, LLC
Laurelton, NY 11413
Manufactured in USA
Revised October 2015