Albuterol Sulfate Inhalation Solution 0.042% – Instruction For Use
|Manufacture:||Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Allergan)|
|Form:||Liquid solution, Nebulizer|
|Ingredients:||albuterol sulfate, sodium chloride, sulfuric acid|
Read this patient information completely every time your prescription is filled as information may have changed. Keep these instructions with your medication, as you may want to read them again.
Albuterol sulfate inhalation solution should only be used under the direction of a physician. Your physician and pharmacist have more information about albuterol sulfate inhalation solution and the condition for which it has been prescribed. Contact them if you have additional questions.
Storing your Medicine
Store albuterol sulfate inhalation solution between 20° and 25° C (68° and 77° F). [See USP Controlled Room Temperature]. Vials should be protected from light before use, therefore, keep unused vials in the foil pouch. Do not use after the expiration (EXP) date printed on the vial.
Albuterol sulfate inhalation solution is supplied as a single-dose, ready-to-use vial containing 3 mL of solution. No mixing or dilution is needed. Use one new vial with each nebulizer treatment.
- Remove one vial from the foil pouch. Place remaining vials back into foil pouch for storage.
- Twist the cap completely off the vial and squeeze the contents into the nebulizer reservoir (Figure 1).
- Connect the nebulizer to the mouthpiece or face mask (Figure 2).
- Connect the nebulizer to the compressor
- Sit in a comfortable, upright position; place the mouthpiece in your mouth (Figure 3) or put on the face mask (Figure 4); and turn on the compressor.
- Breathe as calmly, deeply and evenly as possible through your mouth until no more mist is formed in the nebulizer chamber (about 5-15 minutes). At this point, the treatment is finished.
- Clean the nebulizer (see manufacturer"s instructions).